FIND OUT WHAT THIS FULL TIME STUDENT HAS PLANNED FOR SUMMER
WHEATON–Nylah is a gregarious, competent, ambitious full-time student working in the Multicultural Development Department at Wheaton College while pursuing a Masters degree in Bible and Theology. She also works with residence life as a Graduate Resident Advisor and oversees an international group of 16 diverse young women creating a safe space for them. Whether wrestling through ethnic-racial identity or making sure the heat is working properly, Nylah cares for it all.
Connecting with people is her favorite part of her job and she is inspired by philanthropist, artist, and social activist Nipsey Hussle, “no amount of success will shelter you from having to wake up every day and follow the code”.
“Nipsey assumes success is inevitable,” Nylah shares. “This quote reminds me that I have to stick to my guiding principles, and success will come”.
She looks forward to having free time this summer to do the things she loves most.
NYLAH'S SUMMER TO-DO LIST
2. Read a new fun book from Semicolon Bookstore & Gallery in Chicago
3. Try three new brunch spots such as Machine: Engineered Dining & Drink in Chicago or Hidden Manna Cafe in Matteson
4. Make my tufted headboard
5. Take a week vacation to Atlanta to reconnect with college friends
6. Finish my reading list by authors James Cone and Willie James Jennings
7. Learn how to dribble (a skate move)
8. Get my nails done
9. See new Dr. Strange movie at Studio Movie Grill in Wheaton
10. Hang out with a friend at local parks