SUMMER FUN 2019
Summer is here and there are so many fun things to do throughout the western suburbs. Here's are five that are at the top of our list for June. Enjoy!
1. LIVE & UNCORKED AT BLACKBERRY FARM AURORA – Bring a blanket, picnic basket and your favorite craft beer or bottle of wine while enjoying an evening of great music at the Fox Valley Park District’s iconic Blackberry Farm. “Live & Uncorked” – a six-concert series, featuring some of Chicagoland’s most popular bands, held on Thursday evenings throughout the summer– is for ages 21+. Doors open at 6 p.m. and admission is just $5 per person. www.blackberryfarm.info
2. MAKE DOWNTOWN DOWNERS YOUR SUMMER DESTINATION DOWNERS GROVE–Downtown Downers Grove plays host to a handful of weekly free events throughout the summer. Summer Nights Classic Car Show (Friday), Indian Boundary YMCA Downtown Market (Saturday) and the DG Park Distrcit Summer Concert Series (Tuesday). In addition to these fun events, discover our delicious restaurants and unique boutiques. Details at www.downtowndg.org
3. ENJOY A RIVER CRUISE ALONG THE FOX RIVER ST. CHARLES–Enjoy travel from the era of Mark Twain through a green corridor of scenic beauty. The riverboat offers open-air upper decks for unobstructed sightseeing and the lower decks have windows that can be closed in cool or rainy weather. It’s a great place to have your rehearsal dinner, wedding, church and school group outing or neighborhood party. For public cruise information or private excursions, visit www.stcriverboats.com.
4. VISIT VELVET GRACE FOR ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL OSWEGO– Nestled in charming log cabins right outside of downtown Oswego, Velvet Grace is worth the trip with TWO shops to enjoy! In the Velvet Grace boutique, we specialize in unique home décor, creatively displayed in various vignettes, while nestling in the latest and greatest in gifts and jewelry. In the Velvet Grace Style Studio, we offer the latest in trending apparel for every season!!! New home décor and apparel arriving daily! Velvet Grace also continues to be a proud retailer of the Annie Sloan chalk paint and products. All of us at Velvet Grace take pride in offering our clients a unique shopping experience with exceptional customer service. Hope to see you soon! Velvet Grace, 4025 US Highway 34, Oswego, www.velvetgrace.net, (630) 636-6570
5. NAPER NIGHTS COMMUNITY CONCERT SERIES Friday, June 14 & Sat, June 15, 5-10pm $15/adult, $10/youth ( 4–12); Free for members & kids under 4 NAPERVILLE–For the Naperville Heritage Society’s 50th Anniversary, Naper Nights honors the Naperville Heritage Society Weed Ladies with a night of powerful female music on June 14. Landslide, a Fleetwood Mac tribute, will open for the Goddesses of Rock, a female powerhouse cover band featuring the music of Janis Joplin, Heart, Lady Gaga, and more. June 15 features The Doors of Chicago, a The Doors tribute, opening for Rocks Off, a The Rolling Stones tribute. www.napernights.org
#GlancerMagazine #5ThingstoDo #GlancerGoTo #Events #ArtsEntertainment #TrendingNow #DuPage #Kane #Kendall #DuPageCounty #KaneCounty #KendallCounty #BlackberryFarm #DowntownDownersGrove #StCharlesRiverBoats #NaperNights #Naperville #DOwnersGrove #StCharles #Oswego #VelvetGrace