Updated: 4 days ago
PLAN A CLOSE-TO-HOME GETAWAY
Need to get away but don’t have a lot of time to vacation? There are several local destinations where you can plan a fun weekend that will give you the flavor of some of our quaint cities or pamper you with spa treatments and dining. Bring the family to some of the exciting venues with adventures and activities for everyone. It’s a great chance to head out, not travel far and come back relaxed. Enjoy this month’s list of 7 Spectacular Weekend Staycations to Relax You......
1.WEEKEND FUN AT HERRINGTON INN IN HISTORIC DOWNTOWN GENEVA GENEVA–Get away for a romantic weekend or a few days with the girls in this luxury boutique hotel right on the Fox River. The Herrington Inn has rooms and suites with fireplaces and whirlpools and packages catered for couples or girlfriends that could include chocolate dipped strawberries, in-room massages, spa experiences and dining options at their famous Atwater’s restaurant. 15 S. River Lane, Geneva, www.herringtoninn.com
2. EAGLEWOOD RESORT AND SPA ITASCA–Looking for a weekend of golf and relaxation? Or maybe a family getaway? Eaglewood Resort and Spa offers it all with a package fit for you including s’mores by the firepit, spa treatments, entertainment at the indoor pool and even cosmic bowling at their on-site retro alley. 1401 Nordic Rd., Itasca www.eaglewoodresort.com
3. HOTEL INDIGO RIVERWALK WEEKEND NAPERVILLE–At the center of Naperville’s quaint downtown district, Hotel Indigo located at the Naperville Riverwalk, is steps away from boutique shopping, cozy restaurants, unique bookshops, paddle boating and Centennial Beach. Spend a day exploring life in the nineteenth century at the walkable Naper Settlement or enjoy a serene walk by the river. 120 Water St., Naperville www.hotelindigo.com
4. STARVED ROCK STATE PARK
OGELSBY–You’ll see nothing like Starved Rock State Park in Illinois. Amazing waterfalls and canyons await you as you explore the 13 miles of trails. The Illinois River offers fishing, boating and extraordinary views. Camp under the stars or stay in the Lodge and experience the largest two-sided fireplace in the state. 2678 E. 873rd Rd., Ogelsby www.starvedrockstatepark.org
5. BULLFROG LAKE CAMPGROUND WILLOW SPRINGS–Camp just steps from the water in the heart of the vast, hilly Palos Preserves. Camp Bullfrog Lake offers year-round camping and water-based recreation such as canoe rentals and fishing. It’s just around the corner from the Little Red Schoolhouse Nature Center and Palos’ 50-plus miles of trails is perfect for hiking and mountain biking. 9600 Wolf Rd., Willow Springs www.fpdcc.com/camping/camp-bullfrog-lake
6. PHEASANT RUN RESORT ST. CHARLES–Plan a trip to the Pheasant Run Resort for loads of family-friendly fun! Enhance your getaway with comedy at Zanies, a show in the Mainstage Theater, Cajun cooking at Jambalaya, or farm-to-fork cuisine at Harvest. All of this right next to 18 holes of golf and the Spa Vargas Wellness. 4051 E. Main St., St. Charles www.pheasantrun.com
7. OAK BROOK HILLS RESORT AND GOLF OAK BROOK – Play 18 at the Championship Willow Crest Golf Course or de-stress at the Monarch Spa at the Oak Brook Hills Resort. Find plush bedding in every room of this luxury getaway with tennis, biking, indoor and outdoor pool and just a few miles away from Oak Brook shopping mall. 3500 Midwest Rd., Oak Brook, www.oakbrookhillsresortchicago.com
Watch for a new, uniquely themed 7 Spectacular List inside each issue of Glancer Magazine.