TREAT MOM ALL MONTH LONG
This month we are celebrating moms throughout the western suburbs. DuPage County has many unique events and activities in place to honor her. From scrumptious brunch options to painting events and more, this month’s list is ever so inviting. Treat your mom, grandma, wife, daughters, aunts and sisters to togetherness this month in your community. Celebrate all that is beautiful about them! Enjoy.
1. PHEASANT RUN WEEKEND CELEBRATION ST. CHARLES–Give mom a break with a mini getaway to Pheasant Run Resort. Mother’s Day golf specials, spa specials and a Mother’s Day vendor/crafter show are just a few of the fun activities planned for the weekend. Bed and Breakfast packages include an amazing Mother’s Day Brunch in the St. Charles ballroom. Or if you prefer – just come for brunch! 4051 E. Main St., St. Charles, www.pheasantrun.com/mother-s-day-brunch
2. BRUNCH ON THE RIVER AT ATWATERS GENEVA–Enjoy the views of the Fox River and the beautiful courtyard at Atwaters for their plated Mother’s Day brunch. The elegant, fine dining restaurant located in the Herrington Hotel in historic Geneva, honors one of Geneva’s first settlers. Weather-permitting, you can dine on their lovely patio. 15 S. River Lane, Geneva www.atwatersgeneva.com/mothers-day-2019
3. A DAY AT BLACKBERRY FARM AURORA–Bring the family out to Blackberry Farm on Sunday, May 12th and start your day with a special Mother’s Day brunch amongst re-created pioneer life, train rides, pedal tractors, paddle boats and ponies. Make sure to take mom for a spin on their old-fashioned carousel. 100 S. Barnes Rd., Aurora, www.blackberryfarm.info/special-events
4. BREAKFAST at OSWEGO FAMILY RESTAURANT OSWEGO–Turn back time when you walk into the Oswego Family Restaurant showcasing vintage-style décor. Treat mom to family favorites including gourmet cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, stuffed hashbrowns and German potato pancakes. 69 S. Main St., Oswego, www.facebook.com/Oswego-Family-Restaurant-510407295651702
5. BRUNCH AND THE HORSES at THE TURF ROOM NORTH AURORA–Step into the cozy Turf Room with its striking center stone fireplace and find an exquisite array of food for Mother’s Day Brunch. Start your plate with the likes of Blue Point oysters and shrimp cocktail then fill up on the various breakfast choices, carving and pizza station and much more. Couldn’t get to Arlington Race Track? Enjoy the horses in their new state of the art OTB facility right in-house. 1033 Kilbery St., North Aurora, www.theturfroomrestaurant.com/2019/05/
6. MOTHER’S DAY CHAMPAGNE BRUNCH at BROOKFIELD ZOO BROOKFIELD–Head out to Brookfield Zoo and let their executive chef wow you with European breads, an omelet station, French Toast, whole baked honey-cured ham, sweet station and oh, so much more. When you are done, walk mom around to see all her favorite animals. Reservations Required. 8400 31st Street (1st Avenue and 31st Street), Brookfield, www.czs.org
7. MOTHER’S DAY BRUNCH AT HOTEL BAKER ST. CHARLES–Listed on the National Register for Historic Places, the grand Hotel Baker is a perfect place to feel like you’ve stepped back in time. Take mom to brunch in this architectural splendor where she can customize her own omelet or waffle, pick from prime rib and glazed ham and enjoy a host of unique breakfast and lunch fare. 100 West Main St., St. Charles, www.hotelbaker.com/mothers-day-brunch-2019
Watch for a new, uniquely themed 7 Spectacular List inside each issue of Glancer Magazine.