5 THINGS TO DO IN DUPAGE | Try a New Restaurant, Enjoy Unique Ice Sculptures, Sip Wine In Wheaton &a
1. DINE NAPERVILLE WITH 260+ OPTIONS NAPERVILLE–There is always something delicious to eat in Naperville! There are 260 dining options in the city to choose from. With Restaurant Week coming up, there will be discounts and featured menu items for many of the restaurants. From casual fast dining to fancy fine dining, there are dozens of options for a great deal. This year more than ever, Naperville has fun things to do and delicious foods to eat! Don’t miss out on the food fun! www.dinenaperville.com
2. WINTER FUN AT THE ANNUAL ICE FESTIVAL DOWNTOWN DOWNERS GROVE • February 8 & 9 DOWNERS GROVE–Get out of the house for a weekend of fun, shopping and dining for all ages! The Annual Downtown Downers Grove Ice Festival returns February 8-9, 2019. Watch carvers demonstrate their art in person Friday evening under the lights at 5:30pm on the southeast corner of Main and Curtiss and on Saturday with live ice carving demonstrations from 11am-3pm at the Main Street Train Station as well as south of 5150 Main Street. Details at www.downtowndg.org or (630) 725-0991.
3. LET’S WINE ABOUT WINTER AT THE WINTER WINE WALK Sunday, January 19 • 4-7pm WHEATON–Sip, stroll and shop your way through Downtown Wheaton while tasting fine wines. Your wine tasting includes 12 one ounce tastings in your souvenir wine glass at various downtown merchants. The Winter Wine Walk happens rain, snow or shine. $25 per person in advance / $30 per person at the door *Additional tastings will be available for purchase at event* **Must be 21 to participate- Please bring your picture ID to confirm your age www.downtownwheaton.com/event/winter-wine-walk-2019/
4. SHOP TWO BOUTIQUES IN ONE LOCATION VELVET GRACE – Nestled in charming log cabins right outside of downtown Oswego, Velvet Grace is worth the trip with TWO shops to enjoy! In the Velvet Grace boutique, we specialize in unique home décor, creatively displayed in various vignettes, while nestling in the latest and greatest in gifts and jewelry. In the Velvet Grace Style Studio, which is now open full-time, we offer the latest in trending apparel for every season!!! New home décor and apparel arriving daily! Velvet Grace also continues to be a proud retailer of the Annie Sloan chalk paint and products. All of us at Velvet Grace take pride in offering our clients a unique shopping experience. Hope to see you soon! Velvet Grace, 4025 US Highway 3, Oswego www.velvetgrace.net, (630) 636-6570
5. WINE & CANVAS Blackberry Farm • January 16 AURORA – Pinot Noir meets the palette as an instructor guides you through your own custom canvas creation. Bring a bottle of your favorite wine, snacks, a few friends and enjoy a lively, social and creative night out. Cost is $19 for residents and $24 for non-residents. Register with the Fox Valley Park District www.foxvalleyparkdistrict.org