1. SCARECROW FEST 2018 St. Charles • Oct 5-7 ST. CHARLES–See it. Do it. Live it. Make your own scarecrow, then hit the town to vote for your favorite. Over 100 hand-made and mechanical scarecrows will be on display. It’s pure family fun. Shop the arts & crafts show. Dance to live music. Spin on thrilling carnival rides. 33rd Annual Scarecrow Fest! www.scarecrowfest.com
2. THE GLENN MILLER ORCHESTRA Arcada Theater • October 14, 5pm The most popular and sought after big band in the world today for both concert and swing dance engagements. With its unique jazz sound, the Glenn Miller Orchestra is considered to be one of the greatest bands of all time. “A band ought to have a sound all of its own. It ought to have a personality.” –Glenn Miller www.arcadalive.com
3. "BEST IN ST. CHARLES" GALLERY OF GHOULISH HOMES TOUR ST. CHARLES–Looking for something spooky and free to do this Halloween? Pick up a complete list of the "Best in St. Charles" Gallery of Ghoulish Homes Tour. On a self-guided tour, you and your family can drive by dozens of the spookiest houses and admire the ghoulish yard displays of St. Charles’ finest home haunters. Judging Night, the best night to see all the “spooktacular” Halloween action, will be on Saturday, October 20 from dusk to 10pm. Please be courteous and respect the homeowners’ rights and properties during your tour. Note that some displays may not be appropriate for all ages. Details at www.stcparks.org.
4. TREAT YOURSELF TO JEWELRY, A NEW OUTFIT, GIFTS & MORE! SUGAR GROVE–If you haven’t been to Nanette’s in Sugar Grove, fall is the perfect time to visit. Enjoy shopping for stylish jackets, on trend jewelry, popular trucker hats, tops, bottoms, gifts and more. With new items arriving weekly, it's ever-changing so be sure to visit soon. Popular brands include: Liverpool, KLD, Elan, Cartise, Ryu, Luii, Lollia, Mariana, Brighton, Rachel Marie, Patricia Locke, French KANDE and more. Follow Nanette’s on facebook to stay connected to the latest arrivals, specials and more. 50 Cross Street, Sugar Grove, (630) 466-1200.
5. OMIGOD, OMIGOD, YOU GUYS! LEGALLY BLONDE IS NOW PLAYING AURORA–Speaking of fabulous, Chicago newcomers Casey Shuler and Gerald Caesar will make their respective Paramount debuts as the idealistic and precocious protagonist, Elle Woods, and her earnest love interest, Emmett Forrest. With an A-list cast and design team, and music director and conductor Kory Danielson leading the 13-person Paramount orchestra, audiences can look forward to a super fresh take on the 2001 film starring Reese Witherspoon, bursting with big heart, bigger dance numbers and a lot of laughs. Legally Blonde runs through October 21: Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. and 7 p.m.; Thursday at 7 p.m.; Friday at 8 p.m.; Saturday at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.; and Sunday at 1 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Single tickets are $36 to $69. For tickets and information visit www.paramountaurora.com, (630) 896-6666.