GLEN ELLYN MOM’S VILLAGE SHARES FUN IDEAS Family time is so important and creating a fall bucket list is a great way to set goals while having fun as a family. Bucket lists don’t have to be extravagant or costly and fall is the perfect time of year to get started. The kids are back in school, there is a routine established and activities are plentiful. Take time to write down ideas to help make the most of the season. Here are a few fun bucket list ideas that you can tailor for your family.
1. Make caramel apples. Most grocery stores sell caramel apple making kits. Don't forget to get extra sprinkles and other candy toppings. They’re not difficult to make at home just a little messy but that’s what makes it fun.
2. Family Night at Cantigny. Visit Cantigny for some early Trick-or-Treating and pumpkin decorating. www.cantigny.org
3. Try yoga as a family. A great place to start is with Tree Pose Family Yoga. Kids will learn about the environment while stretching, moving, and breathing like the creatures around them. www.mortonarb.org
4. Visit a pumpkin patch or a corn maze. There are so many in our area. Find one close to you.
5. Visit Danada Equestrian Center for Horsin' Around at Danada. Halloween Trick-or-Treat. Enjoy a fun-filled equine day. Self-guided barn tours, tractor-drawn hayrides, up-close-and-personal visits with the Danada herd of horses and more. Don’t forget the camera. www.dupageforest.org
6. Grab the neighbors and have a family fun tailgating party in your neighborhood. Each family has their tailgating set-up in their driveway or as part of a block party. Have neighbors bring a variety of food and drinks. End it by having your own fun family football game.
Make plans for what is most important to your family and enjoy this fall season.
ABOUT THE BLOGGER Glen Ellyn Mom’s Village is a local blog that was created by resident Alicia Donovan. She is devoted to being a mom who inspires others and loves connecting and creating a sense of community for all. She keeps herself busy with her active family, two dogs and surprises people when she says she’s a beekeeper. www.glenellynmomsvillage.com