Updated: Nov 27, 2019
June 2009 - TONS OF SWIMMING FUN
Why do the subdivision and public pools open at noon? Don’t they know that nap time is soon after? If you have kids like mine, they are up at the crack of dawn, overflowing with energy. Sometimes by 10:00am, it can feel like half the day has passed! How do I love Pelican Harbor in Bolingbrook? Let me count the ways:
1. Morning Parent/Tot swim hours for children under 7
2. Indoor pool, so when June temperatures are not so warm and it’s raining in July
3. Huge sand area with pirate ship and slides
4. Four outdoor water slides, body slides and tube slides
5. Two indoor water slides plus a water chute
6. Indoor toddler size, water slide
7. Indoor/Outdoor Zero Depth Pools
8. Indoor splash tower
9. Outdoor splash play pad with a tire swing, interactive spray play, & tunnels
10. Lazy River offering both single and double tubes
11. Diving board and drop slides
12. Sand volleyball courts
13. Lap lanes
14. 10 person hot tub
15. Picnic area with tables and umbrellas
16. Events with kid triathlons, flick & float nights, wacky weeks, etc.
17. Indoor playroom with a climber system
18. Indoor/outdoor locker rooms with plenty of showers and bathrooms
19. A babysitting room so you can go down the waterslides too
If you have a subdivision pool that is great but I bet it doesn’t open at 8:00am, have an indoor option, a babysitting room, lazy river, or diving boards. I love this place because it opens early, caters to young children, the preteens, as well as the teenagers. It is so well designed with the various water slide heights, zero depth pools, cushioned interactive spray play area, and diving pit! They have a snack bar or you can bring your own picnic lunch or treats.
Pelican Harbor is located at 200 S. Lindsey Lane, Bolingbrook, IL 60440. Phone number is 630-739-1705. Website is www.BolingbrookParks.org. Summer public swim hours are Monday through Saturday, 12:00pm-8:00pm and Sunday 12:00pm-6:00pm. Member hours begin at 11:30am. Call for Parent/Tot hours. Check for coupons.