THE LITTLE TRAVELER IN GENEVA, ILLINOIS
The Little Traveler is located in downtown Geneva at 404 S. 3rd St. Geneva is known as one of the most unique shopping spots in the Midwest and maintains a tradition of hospitality, class, and character. The Little Traveler has remained the cornerstone of this tradition. The shop has 36 rooms filled with treasures from around the world and a charming staff to assist when needed.
1. The Atrium Café, charming & peaceful surrounded by English décor. Traditional tea sandwiches to innovative new wraps, burgers, and desserts. Thursdays and Saturdays from 2-4:30pm, English Afternoon Tea (Reservations Required); Sunday Brunch 11am-3pm!
2. A room filled with Brighton products; handbags, necklaces, belts, leather goods, watches, jewelry, charms, eyewear, luggage & more! Each design is sketched by hand by a host of artisans. Pictured: Employee Brenda Dillenbury shelving the ‘Brighton Celebrates Vera Colorblock Satchel’, $290.
3. Vera Bradley quilted cotton handbags, luggage, and accessories setup right inside with a dedicated room in the center of this shop, just outside the Atrium Café. Their scenery is always changing with the seasons as Vera Bradley continuously introduces new fabrics and styles.
4. A unique line of earrings, necklaces, pins and bracelets from Chicago designer, Patricia Locke, in one of the artisan jewelry rooms.Handcrafted by a team of artisans outside of Chicago, each of her pieces are combined art with modern fashion. Pictured: Employee Judith Swenson.
5. Add a timeless, elegant touch to your jewelry collection with the classically elegant Downton Abbey fashion jewelry. Inspired by jewelry worn on the critically acclaimed series Downton Abbey, these Victorian style pieces will make the Dowager Countess proud!
6. In-demand Naot shoes with contemporary styles & colors combined with quality, comfort & fashion. Pictured: Employee Donna Rezzuto holding the ever so popular ‘Lisa Shoe’ by Naot.
7. The Wine Room features a collection of artisan wines. Pictured: (L to R) Employees Maggie Peterson holding Just Peachy, Anna Houston holding Mommy’s Time Out and Charlotte Jackson holding Italo Cescon Vento.
8. A must-stop toy shop stocked with brain-teasing games, toys, books for children of all ages, stuffed animals, trains, cars, Laser Pegs®, Goldie Blox, board games, dice, cards, tabletop games, Melissa & Doug products, Golden Keepsakes and one of the largest collections of Madame Alexander dolls plus so much more! Pictured: Employee Sharon Burch holding the popular Madame Alexander doll “Wendy Goes To The Drive-in”.
9. Fair Trade Galleries at The Little Traveler is a market for handcrafted products made by artisans from around the world. The artisans are paid a fair price to cover costs of materials and provide compensation for their labor and skill allowing them to provide food, housing, and clothing for their families.
10. Tasteful designer apparel from around the world! Designers like Tribal, Focus 2000, baabaazuzu, Berek, Nomadic Traders, Erin London, Slimsensations and Multiples. New lines include Joules (UK), Su Placer (USA), Renaur (Canada), Two Women and a Trunk (Canada), KIKI and Anna Ocean (Hawaii).