TWIDDLING YOUR THUMBS? NOW'S THE TIME TO CONSIDER A SIDE HUSTLE!
With many Americans now stuck at home twiddling their thumbs,it has left some wondering how they will make rent.But it’s not the time to panic – a side hustle could be your savior!
• In 2019, a whopping 49% of Americans under 35 had a side hustle.
• 25,000 Americans search for ‘side hustle’ every month*.
• Joyce Olsen, spokesperson for Psychic World, highlights her top tips for starting a side hustle.
• Cancers would suit becoming online tutors whereas an Aries would make it big as a YouTuber, to name a few.
So which one is right for you? Consulting the stars, experts at PsychicWorld.com have revealed the best side hustle to pick up based on your star sign, to ensure pockets don’t run dry.
Which side hustle is best for YOU?
Aries (March 21 – April 19): Become a streamer/YouTuber Rams will be up for anything adventurous. An Aries is a self-driven natural leader so will thrive at the chance to create their own content online. Whatever the theme, their playful personas are bound to attract interest from the get-go. Taurus (April 20 – May 20): Invest in stocks Tauruses are laid-back but resilient. They like to play the long game, and their focus won’t falter as they fine-tune the perfect stock investment technique. Gemini (May 21 – June 20): Livestream virtual events and games These social butterflies will be feeling the impact of social distancing. What better way to stay connected with friends, millions of others and earn from it? Grab one device to play with, another to video chat with and get playing!
Cancer (June 21 – July 22): Become an online tutor/teacher With schools closed in New York until April 20th, there are many people with a lot of spare time; cancers will jump at this opportunity to help. Their compassion means they are well-suited to become an online tutor, helping children who are off school
and those wanting to learn something new. Leo (July 23 – August 22): Become a TikTok/Social media influencer The coronavirus lockdown is the perfect opportunity for Leos to refine their already influential online presence! These theatrical divas love to be front and center – and the opportunity to earn from the comfort of their own home is a persuading factor. Virgo (August 23 – September 22): Become a virtual assistant More than ever before, companies need help to stay afloat. Becoming a virtual assistant for struggling businesses will work in favour of the Virgo’s hardworking, systematic and methodical nature.
Libra (September 23 – October 22): Teach a language The exquisite taste of a Libra needs an exquisite side job to match. Teaching a language is an intellectual fit which also fulfils their need to please and help others. Scorpio (October 23 – November 21): Write eBooks Often misunderstood and extremely enigmatic, a true Scorpio’s thoughts would make a fascinating eBook to read, and a perhaps lucrative online side hustle to have! Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21): Become a podcaster The Sagittarius has had a few adventures in their lifetime, and always has a million stories to tell. What better way to entertain listeners, and earn themselves money, than re-telling these stories on a podcast? Capricorn (December 22 – January 19): Learn to code and build websites The strong Capricorn can conquer anything before them. Their unwavering focus, and (slightly obsessive) workaholic tendencies means the technical challenge to learn how to code can make for potentially high yields. Aquarius (January 20 – February 18): Become a freelance blogger/ghost writer The best writers are those who tell a story with their thoughts, in a uniquely identifiable way. That’s what makes Aquariuses perfect for the job of freelance bloggers or ghost writers – they are rebellious, free-spirited, eccentric and revolutionary. Pisces (February 19 – March 20): Become a graphic designer The ethereal Pisces will love to be able to make money from a creative side gig. Their love of escaping reality through art/design can translate into a great money-making side project.
Joyce Olsen, spokesperson for Psychic World, has provided her top tips for starting a side business/hustle:
1. Split your time wisely – whilst fun, it’s important to remember that this is just on the side. Don’t spend too much time on it or colleagues may notice, and you can’t afford to lose your main source of income.
2. Enjoy it, but don’t rely on it – maybe you’re beginning to enjoy this more than your main job. But unless you’ve established sizeable earnings from it, it’s important to keep it on the side – these ventures can be unstable and don’t guarantee a living.
3. Differentiate from competitors – the number of new projects, videos, freelancers and more are increasing daily. In order to make a side hustle worthwhile, find a hook that will draw in the big bucks.
4. Prepare for the long term – successful side projects don’t happen overnight. It will take time and hard work but will be worth it in the end!