1. Easy curb appeal ideas:
• Paint your front door
• New house numbers
• New exterior light fixtures
• New welcome mat
• Add potted flowers
• Edge & mulch
2. Declutter & donate! If you aren't taking it with you, get rid of it! A walk through with your realtor or stager is another set of eyes on all that STUFF. With their guidance - PURGE!
3. Paint! Paint! and more paint! Are your colors 20 years old? You need an update. Your agent can help you pick one of 50 shades of gray. Agreeable gray is the #1 color to get your home SOLD! Paint is money in a can.
4. Carpet. Buyers do not want your 25 year old carpet with 25 years of living woven in it. New carpet gives an instant refresh to the condition of the home.
5. Staging. This is the final step right before listing. Staged homes sell 76% faster. Staging turns your average home into AMAZING! Buyers love a staged home.
Considering selling in 2022? Time to call your local real estate expert & get started on your "to do" list today!
ABOUT PENNY O'BRIEN
BAIRD & WARNER – One word that consistently comes to clients’ minds when they think of Penny O’Brien is “hustle.” As a Seller Representative Specialist, she loves meeting with sellers to discuss pre-market home improvements and guide them to make their home “showtime ready” when it hits the market. She strongly believes in professional staging and offers it as a complimentary service. With a reputation for “good-looking listings,” she helps clients realize a higher return and quicker sale. Penny says “Staging transforms a home from average to amazing”.
Penny O'Brien Broker, Relocation Specialist and Negotiation Expert (630) 207-7001 • firstname.lastname@example.org