FIND OUT WHAT THIS ALL-AROUND AMAZING COMMUNITY MOM HAS PLANNED FOR SUMMER
OSWEGO–Sandy has been married to Robb for 21 years and has two teenagers, Aidan (18) and Elle (17). She is a mother, wife, daughter, friend, and an 8th Grade Language Arts Teacher at Bednarcik Junior High School.
As an English teacher, she wholeheartedly believes in the power of words.
“Words can make or break us as individuals, and how we, as humans, choose to use our words impacts others, either positively or negatively,” she says. “I love the following quote from Albus Dumbledore, the wise old wizard from the Harry Potter series, It is our choices that show us what we truly are far more than our abilities.”
Photos by Mike Catuara
Determined, supportive, and loyal, Sandy is also thickly involved in her community through youth sports, school boards, booster clubs, and community events. She loves her CrossFit workouts and is looking forward to an active summer with her family.
SANDY'S SUMMER TO-DO LIST
1. College visits for Elle who is graduating in 2023
2. Visiting Aidan while he’s as Wayne State University staying for summer workouts before the football season
3. Prairie Fest! We go every year since moving to Oswego 15 years ago
4. Sporting events! White Sox games, Kane County Cougars games, Pistol Shrimp Baseball, and more
5. Concerts! I love RiverEdge Park in Aurora - excited for I Love the 90s and Blues on the Fox
6. Local eats! My favorite is Wine & Cheese Company in Downtown Plainfield and I can’t wait for RIOT Pizza to open in Downtown Oswego
7. RiverWalk/Paddle Boats in Downtown Naperville
8. Arranmore Farm & Polo Club for CabCab and Wine Down Wednesday
9. Fox Hollow River Tubing
10. Relaxing and spending time with our dog Izzy