THE FINE & PERFORMING ARTS SEASON AT NORTH CENTRAL COLLEGE BEGINS IN FEBRUARY
NAPERVILLE–At the start of the new year, North Central College’s stages will feature a variety of performances for the second half of its 2022-2023 Fine & Performing Arts season. The College’s midseason kicks off with cabaret artist Tammy McCann and launches into the youth and family-centric performance of TheaterWorksUSA’s “The Magic School Bus – Lost in the Solar System”, followed by opera sensation Denyce Graves, who will share a free masterclass with the campus community and public.
As the season continues, the fiddling folk duo of Natalie MacMaster and Donnell Leahy will perform on the Wentz Concert Hall stage in March, followed by the “bagpipes with attitude” group The Red Hot Chilli Pipers in Pfeiffer Hall at the end of the month. In April, Pfeiffer Hall will be transformed into an ice-skating rink for Fairytales on Ice’s “Beauty and the Beast” as skaters perform on synthetic ice to tell this beloved classic while figure skating.
Lee Greenwood, country legend and composer, will close out the 2022-2023 season on May 19 in Pfeiffer Hal.
To purchase individual performances and season subscriptions, call 630-637-SHOW (7469) or stop by the Box Office located in the Wentz Concert Hall & Fine Arts Center at 171 E. Chicago Ave. Patrons who purchase three or more shows save up to 20 percent on performances by becoming a season subscriber.
Performance information is subject to change. Visit northcentralcollege.edu/show throughout the season to purchase tickets and check for updates.
Rock and Pop
· March 24: The Red Hot Chilli Pipers
Blues, R&B and Jazz
· Feb. 18: Forever Motown
· Feb. 25: The Langston Hughes Project: Ask Your Mama (12 Moods for Jazz) featuring the Ron McCurdy Quartet
Country, Folk and Classical
· Feb. 5: Denyce Graves
· March 11: Natalie MacMaster & Donnell Leahy
· May 19: Lee Greenwood
· Jan. 22: Tammy McCann “Legendary Ladies of Jazz”
· March 5: Brian Lynch “The Road to Les Miz”
· May 21: Alyssa Allgood
Youth and Family
· Feb. 4: TheaterWorksUSA’s “The Magic School Bus – Lost in the Solar System”
· April 2: Fairytales on Ice
· April 22: TheaterWorksUSA’s “Junie B’s Essential Survival Guide to School”
North Central College Music
· Feb. 11: 35th Annual Gospel Extravaganza
· Feb. 22: Honors Choral Invitational
· March 4: Chords for Kids
· April 11: Jazz Combo & Big Band Spring Concert
· April 12: Concert Winds Spring Concert
· April 14: Spring Choral “Finale!” Concert
North Central College Theater
· Feb. 16, 17, 18, 19: “Renascence”
· March 4, 5: Theatre Dance Show
· March 30, 31, April 1, 2: “The Importance of Being Earnest”
· April 27, 28, 29, 30: “The Wolves”
North Central College’s 2022-2023 Fine and Performing Arts Performance Series is supported by the following sponsors and partners: City of Naperville Special Events and Cultural Amenities Fund; Illinois Arts Council Agency; BMO Harris Bank; Naperville Magazine; Advanced Data Technologies; Blooming Color; Chef By Request; Elements at Water Street; Monarch Landing; Naperville Park District; Nicor Gas; Catch 35; Dommermuth, Cobine, West, Gensler, Philipchuck and Corrigan, Ltd.; Marquette; Naper Settlement; Century 21 affiliated Ryan Hill Group; and Naperville Development Partnership.