5 THINGS TO DO | Enjoy a Day on the Farm, Make Your Plans for Labor Day Weekend, Shop Cute Boutiques
SHOP, DINE, RELAX, UNWIND– ALL THIS MONTH IN THE SUBURBS
As summer starts to wind down, residents are busy filling up their August calendars. Here are five fun things to do - perfect for all ages. Enjoy!
1. ROCK THE HILL • AUGUST 2 NAPERVILLE – Join the Naperville Park District Friday, August 2 for the final concert in the Rock the Hill series at Naperville’s Rotary Hill, featuring the band OMT. Concert will be held from 7-8:30 pm. Show is family-friendly and for all ages; attendees are encouraged to bring folding chairs and blankets to enjoy a free evening of live music. Rotary Hill is located adjacent to the Naperville Riverwalk near downtown Naperville. For band information visit www.onemtime.com.
2. EXPERIENCE FARM LIFE ST. CHARLES – Experience farm life! At Primrose Farm, explore restored farm buildings, visit with farm animals and agricultural interpreters, stroll through 100+ acres of historic and modern rural landscapes and climb up on a vintage tractor near the fruit orchard. Exciting and educational activities await you in the farmyard! Drop-in programs offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, featuring hand-milking a Jersey cow, gathering eggs from the chicken coop, grooming a draft horse or feeding the animals. www.primrosefarmpark.com
3. DINE OUT IN NAPERVILLE NAPERVILLE–Summer is winding down, but the options of restaurant choices in Naperville are not. If your kids are headed back to school, treat them to their favorite lunch or dinner at their favorite restaurant for a nice sendoff. Soak up the last days of summer with your friends, family, significant others or yourself while enjoying a delicious meal and a drink. Whatever the occasion, visit www.dinenaperville.com to explore all the options Naperville has to offer!
4. 2019 LAST FLING NAPERVILLE – The Naperville Jaycees Last Fling is a community festival held over Labor Day Weekend near Downtown Naperville. 26 national, regional and local musical acts will perform throughout the weekend on 2 stages! Sunday is Special Needs Day, offering priority no-wait seating for the Carnival rides. Monday, in addition to the Fling Mile and Labor Day Parade, the “Jaycees Support Our Troops”, welcoming Military Veterans for a complimentary lunch and entertainment. www.lastfling.org
5. MAKE DOWNTOWN DOWNERS YOUR SUMMER DESTINATION DOWNERS GROVE–Downtown Downers Grove plays host to a handful of weekly free events throughout the summer. Summer Nights Classic Car Show (Friday), Indian Boundary YMCA Downtown Market (Saturday) and the DG Park Distrcit Summer Concert Series (Tuesday). In addition to these fun events, discover our delicious restaurants and unique boutiques. www.downtowndg.org