5 THINGS TO DO | Plan Ahead for the Last Fling, Shop for Antiques, Enjoy a Stroll On the Riverwalk &
MID-SUMMER CELEBRATIONS & MORE
It's been a great summer so far! Make it last with many unique and super fun things to do throughout the western suburbs. Here are five at the top of our list for July. Enjoy!
1. 2019 LAST FLING NAPERVILLE – The Naperville Jaycees Last Fling is a community festival held over Labor Day Weekend near Downtown Naperville. 26 national, regional and local musical acts will perform throughout the weekend on 2 stages! Sunday is Special Needs Day, offering priority no-wait seating for the Carnival rides. Monday, in addition to the Fling Mile and Labor Day Parade, the “Jaycees Support Our Troops”, welcoming Military Veterans for a complimentary lunch and entertainment. www.lastfling.org
2. ENJOY GOOD FOOD, GREAT VIEWS AT THE RIVERWALK CAFÉ! NAPERVILLE–Head to the Riverwalk Café this summer and enjoy outdoor dining in a beautiful setting – right on the Riverwalk! Choose from a variety of appetizers, salads, sandwiches, kid favorites and more. Quench your thirst with a local draft beer, glass of wine or fountain drink, or indulge with one of our milkshakes. Stop by on Saturdays and Sundays for hot-off-the-grill items. Pet-friendly patio, too! Visit www.napervilleparks.org/riverwalkcafe for menu and hours.
3. MAKE DOWNTOWN DOWNERS YOUR SUMMER DESTINATION DOWNERS GROVE–Downtown Downers Grove plays host to a handful of weekly free events throughout the summer. Summer Nights Classic Car Show (Friday), Indian Boundary YMCA Downtown Market (Saturday) and the DG Park Distrcit Summer Concert Series (Tuesday). In addition to these fun events, discover our delicious restaurants and unique boutiques. www.downtowndg.org
4. SUNDAY AT SANDWICH ANTIQUE FLEA MARKET
Every Second Sunday | Held at Sandwich Fairgrounds SANDWICH–Enjoy a relaxing day in Sandwich! Timeworn Productions welcomes you to the Sunday At Sandwich Antique Flea Market featuring Antiques, Industrial, Vintage, Furniture, Garden & Everything else in between! Join us every second Sunday under the beautiful oaks at the historic Sandwich Fairgrounds and discover the many treasures our dealers bring to you! While in town don’t forget to visit the many antique shops and restaurants Sandwich, Illinois has to offer! We strive to provide both guests and dealers an outstanding experience! Happy Picking! www.sundayatsandwichantiques.com
5. FOR THE LOVE OF ART IN THE PARK ST. CHARLES – Mt. St. Mary Park in St. Charles presents a striking and engaging sculpture exhibition against the backdrop of nature’s seasonal beauty. Nestled among the maples, oaks, and pines of a shady arboretum and with the tranquil Fox River as its eastern border, Sculpture in the Park features sculptural masterpieces made from various mediums by artists from all over the country and an array of pieces in the permanent collection. People of all ages are welcome to enjoy this magnificent free exhibit of original and unique sculpture. Whether you’re biking, strolling or picnicking, this downtown park offers something for everyone. www.stcsculpture.org