DOWNTOWN SUBURBIA FALL FINDS
Kane County has some of the most beautiful downtown shopping and dining areas in Illinois. From charming establishments situated along picturesque Main Street, to outdoor dining cafes, artistic events, independent book stores, boutiques, novelty gift shops and so much more. Small business is the heart of our community and this month we invite you to shop, dine, relax and unwind with these downtown suburbia fall finds.
1. St. Charles Jazz Weekend September 6-9
DOWNTOWN ST. CHARLES–St. Charles Jazz Weekend is a four-day event that coordinates and promotes live jazz music in different downtown establishments. An array of downtown St. Charles venues will take part in each year’s event featuring numerous jazz groups, including Grammy award winning Saxophonist Frank Catalano. Patrons can enjoy jazz music from lunch through the evening, with the opportunity to visit multiple venues, including the 1st Street Plaza on both Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
2. The Royal Wren DOWNTOWN GENEVA–Customers love spoiling themselves, their family and their friends with unique gifts personally selected for the modern day tastemaker. This specialty shop sells gourmet foods and gifts that residents love. Follow them on facebook today. 11 South 3rd St., Geneva
3. bb Interiors DOWNTOWN GENEVA–Find fresh innovative ideas at this interior design studio and retail boutique. They source stylish, timeless one of a kind furnishings and accessories and house an extensive fabric library sure to have the perfect fabric for your next project. Their designers take you beyond to create a place to be you. 600 S. First St. Geneva
4. Le Belle Donne Salon & Day Spa DOWNTOWN ST. CHARLES–A full service salon and spa overlooking beautiful downtown St. Charles. Enjoy the Signature Massage or the Just for Her - package this fall.
5. Cock-a-Doodle Brewfest DOWNTOWN AURORA– Enjoy and equal balance of craft beer that cannot be found elsewhere, a variety of different wings to amaze your taste buds, and a solid lineup of local bands ensure you have a great time. A portion of all proceeds will benefit Operation Support our Troops. Upgrade to a VIP experience. 21+ older. 11-4pm. www.enjoyaurora.com
6. Batavia Depot Museum DOWNTOWN BATAVIA–Batavia railroad history comes alive in a permanent exhibit about the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad (est. 1850), the Chicago & North Western Railroad (est. 1872) and the Chicago, Aurora & Elgin Electric Line (est. 1902). Three railroad lines served Batavia freight and passenger service until the mid-1900’s when the automobile became the transportation of choice. On display are many railroad artifacts, photos and ticket agent office. A detailed section on the telegraph system and it’s role in railroad history includes live telegraph keys where visitors can try their hand at sending messages using Morse Code www.downtownbatavia.com/activities-attractions/depot-museum/
7. Jeans & a Cute Top Shop DOWNTOWN ST. CHARLES–After just one visit to Jeans and a Cute Top Shop, customers realize that they are true to their name. Jeans and cute tops are the primary focus along with the jewelry, shoes and accessories that pull your whole look together. The store takes pride on finding the perfect fitting ‘on trend’ jean that is right for your body type and lifestyle and offers denim in various inseams, rises, and styles. Their goal is to help their clients find jeans that fit, styles that flatter, and even offer free basic hem alterations for their petite clients. Visit today – you’ll love it! Enjoy 20% off one item through the end of the month. See ad for discount details.
Jeans & a Cute Top Shop • www.jeansandacutetopshop.com
210 W. Wesley Street, Wheaton, (630) 690-5287 161 S. First Street, St. Charles, (630) 444-0999 5116 Main Street, Downers Grove, (630) 964-4661
Watch for a new, uniquely themed 7 Spectacular List inside each issue of Glancer Magazine.