IN & AROUND DUPAGE COUNTY YOU'LL FIND SOME PRETTY AMAZING FESTS THIS SUMMER!
Some towns and villages located in DuPage County are home to some pretty amazing summer festivals. Additionally, a few communities nearby also offer some fabulous festivals. From star-power entertainment to fireworks, scrumptious food vendors, crafts fairs, car shows and more– summer 2018 will have something happening week after week. Glancer Magazine is proud to sponsor many area events and invite you to attend each one. Here’s a list of our favorites – we hope to “glance” you there!
1. SWEDISH DAYS FESTIVAL June 19-24 • Lisle Geneva’s largest festival features a host of family-friendly activities with live musical entertainment, a carnival, Kids Dy fun, Sweden Vast, A Grand Parade, multi-ethnic food plus great shopping in historic downtown Geneva. Geneva’s train station is located just blocks from the festivities. Make plans to attend with friends, amily and nieghbors. This is a non-to-miss event year after year. www.genevachamber.com
2. EYES TO THE SKIES June 29-July 1 • Lisle This annual festival is one of Chicagoland’s favorite family events offering daily morning and evening hot air balloon launches (weather permitting), nightly balloon glows, tethered balloon rides, live music on two stages, three nights of fireworks, Team Fastrax™ America’s Skydiving Team, a huge children’s area, over 50 food vendors, craft show, a great carnival plus much more! NEW this year– LEGO® Let’s Play Tour. www.eyestotheskies.org
3. NAPERVILLE’S RIBFEST JULY 4-7 AT KNOCH PARK • $10 OFF TICKETS Navistar Stage lineup: The Stray Cats • Melissa Etheridge • Fireworks by Meijer • Pitbull Jake Owen • Chris Janson • Jordan Davis Steven Tyler and The Loving Mary Band. Use code GLANCER for $10 off tickets (except the $5 South Park only option)! South Park offers ribs, free Wintrust Bank & Trust Family Area, carnival, South Stage and did we say ribs! Gates open at noon daily with fireworks by Meijer on July 4th. Free South Park admission: Kids 11 and under always free; veterans free all day on July 4th, plus all patrons free admission after 5 pm. See you at Ribfest! Peace • Love • Ribs Tickets available through www.ribfest.net.
4. ROTARY GROVE FEST June 19-22 • Downers Grove Run by the Rotary Club of Downers Grove, the annual fest features live music from great bands (2014 bands will be announced soon) plus arts and crafts, a carnival, car show, food vendors and a business expo.
June 14-17 • Oswego
This June the Oswegoland Park District kicks off 30 years of PrairieFest attended by approximately 75,000 guests over the weekend. This community festival celebrates three decades of being both sweet and sensational. With an amazing carnival, live entertainment and more, it’s a not -to-miss event! www.prairiefest.com
6. SUGAR GROVE CORN BOIL July 26-29 • Sugar Grove The Sugar Grove Corn Boil is a volunteer run, community event with free admission, endless family fun including carnival rides, live music, a Kids Zone, business booths, art vendors, food, beer, a 5K race, contests, raffles, and BINGO. Car show on Sunday! www.sugargrovecornboil.org
7. WINDMILL FESTIVAL • July 13-15 • Batavia Are you ready to create lasting memories and enjoy countless activities over the course of two and a half days? Then stop by the Fun Zone for interactive inflatables and family-friendly attractions, compete in a Sidewalk Chalk Drawing Contest, participate in the Pet Parade, and dive in to an Ice Cream Eating Contest. So many activities to enjoy! www.windmillcityfest.org
Watch for a new, uniquely themed 7 Spectacular List inside each issue of Glancer Magazine.