1. SHOP FOR ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL AT VELVET GRACE OSWEGO–Are you ready for crisp air, hot chocolate, sweaters, and cuddling by the fire? Let Velvet Grace warm your holiday season with perfect amounts of cozy home decor, inspirational art, gifts, jewelry, and holiday-scented candles to treat yourself or someone special. Velvet Grace is a proud retailer of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® and the boutique offers creative classes, perfect for a ladies night out! No artistic ability required- refreshments provided. Velvet Grace, 4025 US 34 Oswego, www.velvetgrace.net • (630) 636-6570
2. HOLIDAY IN THE GROVE IN BEAUTIFUL SUGAR GROVE Saturday, December 2 • All Day Long Holiday in the Grove is a festive community event that includes Breakfast with Santa and many other holiday activities throughout the day in Sugar Grove. Holiday in the Grove was established to continue to run the Sugar Grove Community Christmas festival. This volunteer-ran event is the highlight of the year for the entire community. We hope to Glance you there. www.holidayinthegrove.org
3. RING IN THE NEW YEAR AT PHEASANT RUN ON NEW YEAR’S EVE ST CHARLES–Ring In 2018 at Pheasant Run Resort! Packages include an upscale gala with dinner, drinks and a band, a dance party with drinks, and a night of dining and laughter at Zanies. Options include a champagne toast and balloon drop at midnight. Those who prefer to head home at midnight can enjoy dinner, comedy, or the dance party. Pheasant Run is THE New Year’s Eve celebration location. See all package options at www.pheasantrun.com.
4. SANTA @ THE SETTLEMENT Get in the spirit this holiday season by visiting Mr. and Mrs. Claus at Santa @ the Settlement taking place on Dec. 2, 9 and 16 from 9am-12pm. Visitors will be able to share their wishes in their letter to Santa, craft two ornaments in Santa’s Workshop and prepare a magical treat for Santa’s reindeer in the Reindeer Food Factory. Be sure to visit Mrs. Claus’ Bakery to help her decorate cookies, then gather around for story time. Bring your cameras for a special photo with Santa. Admission is $15 per person and $13 per member. Children under 1 year old are free. Registration is required. To register or for more information, call (630) 420-6010. Naper Settlement’s winter programming is provided by The Stenger Devermann Group at Morgan Stanley.
5. CHRISTKINDLMARKET NAPERVILLE RETURNS THIS YEAR
The Christkindlmarket is one of the most spectacular outdoor events in the holiday season. Let your family discover this festive German and European tradition with international flair and local charm at Naper Settlement. Enjoy high quality gifts and food and create lasting memories! Running through December 24: Thurs 11am-7pm, Fri & Sat 11am-9pm, Sun 11am-6pm Also open: December 18-21 11am-8pm, December 24 11am-4pm Explore special events and entertainment at www.christkindlmarket.com/naperville.