5 THINGS TO DO | Eaglewood Resort in Itasca, Passport to Adventure In Oswego, Family Nights at Morto
1. SOUNDS OF SUMMER CONCERT SERIES AT EAGLEWOOD RESORT & SPA Through September 1 • Itasca Fuel your passion for music and the season at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, where Chicagoland's hottest musical acts will fill your nights with the cool vibes of the “Sounds of Summer” concert series. Extend your getaway for extra savings and leave your days free to indulge in the rhythm of everything from pampering spa treatments to challenging golf and even cosmic bowling. Book now and you'll be on your way to having a summer that sounds so sweet. Located in Itasca. www.eaglewoodresort.com
2. PASSPORT TO ADVENTURE Little White School Museum • Oswego Oswego’s Little White School Museum is participating in this year’s 25th Annual Passport to Adventure Program, sponsored by the Kane-DuPage Regional Museum Association. Passport booklets can be picked up at the museum, 72 Polk Street (Polk at Jackson) in Oswego free of charge. The program is especially aimed at families throughout the area. Call the museum at (630) 554-2999 for more information.
3. THURSDAY FAMILY NIGHTS Morton Arboretum • Lisle Enjoy live music, kid-friendly fare, and entertainment after-hours on Thursdays this summer at the Morton Arboretum. Thursdays through August 24. 5-8pm in The Children’s Garden. Free for members. Nonmembers: Enjoy $5 Arboretum admission after 4:30pm. Remaining shows: August 17 – Zak Morgan August 24 – Duke Otherwise www.mortonarb.org
4. SHAKESPEARE IN THE PARK: MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING August 25 & 26 • Memorial Park • Wheaton Every August, the works of the world’s greatest playwright are brought to life on two summer evenings under the leaves of Memorial Park (208 W. Union Ave.) in Wheaton. Courtesy of the Wheaton Park District and Wheaton College Arena Theater, Shakespeare in the Park’s fifth year takes the stage at 7pm on August 25 and 26 with A Much Ado About Nothing. Guests are encouraged to bring snacks, lawn chairs, and picnic blankets; bench seating is limited and first-come, first-served. Concessions will be available, with proceeds benefitting the DuPage County Historical Museum. In the event of inclement weather, a rain date is scheduled for August 27. www.wheatonparkdistrict.com/shakespeare
5. FUN UNPLUGGED: OUTDOOR ADVENTURES EXHIBIT DuPage County Historical Museum • Wheaton Nothing says more about childhood than the great outdoors. With creativity sparked by the endless possibility of the open air, specific accessories, toys and games helped to create memories in the backyard and school playground. Those magical moments and lasting impressions of outdoor fun are recreated in this imaginative exhibit. DuPage County Historical Museum 102 E. Wesley Street, Wheaton.
#GlancerMagazine #ArtsEntertainment #5ThingstoDo #GlenEllyn #Lisle #Naperville #GlancerGotoGuide #Aug152017 #Oswego #Itasca #Wheaton #MortonArboretum #DUPageCountyHistoricalMuseum #LittleWhiteSchoolMuseum #SoundsofSummer #EaglewoodREsortSpa