TAKE A TRIP BACK IN TIME
nos·tal·gia / a sentimental longing or wistful affection for the past, typically for a period or place with happy personal associations. something done or presented in order to evoke feelings of nostalgia.
This truly defines this month’s issue perfectly, and what a great way to end it than with our last page being dedicated to 7 Spectacular Places to Shop for Yesteryear? We hope you find everything you wish for.
1. Bee Attitudes Antiques | BATAVIA Experience the charm of shopping in a grand old mansion, surrounded by original architectural features such as stained glass windows and hand-carved fireplaces. Browse your way from room to room, each one filled with an impressive array of antique and vintage treasures in styles ranging from Victorian to Hollywood Regency to Cottage Chic. This shop is truly one of a kind and so beautiful. Bee Attitudes Anttiques, Rt. 31 & Wilson Street, Batavia, (630) 761-0813, www.beeattitudesantiques.com
2. Vintage 715 | BATAVIA Nestled in the quaint neighborhood of Batavia, 715 Vintage serves up an eclectic assortment of vintage goods. With a wide mix of unique vendors, their items vary in style from industrial, handmade, Art Deco, mid-century, textiles, furniture, paper ephemera and more. Each day the shop looks a little different than the last with new finds and a constantly evolving layout. The owners take great pride in their finely curated selection of vintage and craft goods and hope to share our treasures with you. 715 W. Main Street, Batavia, www.715-vintage.com
3. Gather & Collect | GLEN ELLYN This premier vintage shop offers beautifully re-purposed vintage furnishings. The vintage boutique has an extensive collection of home décor and accent furniture to give your home the unique and eye catching appeal that you have been looking for. If you are updating or redecorating your home but need help deciding on a focal point, stop by and tell one of the friendly team members about your plans. Their nowledgeable staff will help you find the perfect pieces to bring your room together and stay well within your budget. In addition to the vintage and antique décor ideas, they offer a variety of vintage clothing and fashion accessories. 473 N Main St, Glen Ellyn, www.vintageshopglenellynil.com.
4. Amazing Grace Antiques | ELBURN Set up in an old 3-story home located on Main Street in downtown Elburn, this vintage favorite has special events throughout the year and is always changing as their dealers find new pieces and accents. Each room in the house takes on a different theme. The kitchen has kitchen gadgets and items from yesteryear on display, while the bedrooms each have a theme all of their own. As you browse from room to room, you’ll enjoy snacking on homemade brownies and cookies availabel daily to guests. If you’re looking for antiques, vintage, cottage, repurposed, salvage, slightly used, sterling silver, cards, candles, garden iron, ect. then this is the place to be! 401 N Main St., Elburn.
5. Antiques of Winfield | WINFIELD All three floors are meticulously populated and regularly maintained by a quality collection of dedicated dealers. From fine old furniture and glowing glassware, to rare finds and classic toys, this west suburban gem has a little bit of everything! Visit today and also visit online where you’ll dins a Dealers Page for virtual window shopping. Watch for special events, too. Located at 27W461 Beecher in Winfield, Illinois, one block south of the tracks, just east of the Shell station. www.antiquesofwinfield.com
6. Eclecticville Antiques | WESTMONT This unique shop invites you in to browse for special pieces from yesteryear. From vintage toys and antique jewelry, to hard-to-find books and keepsake clocks–there is something special for everyone. 141 South Cass, Westmont, (630) 434-0980, www.sites.google.com/site/eclecticvilleantiques/
7. Geneva Antique Market | GENEVA Established in 1990 at the corner of 3rd Street and Franklin, this shop occupies the entire lower level of the Berry House with 3 separate rooms of antiques and collectibles. You’ll find a vast array of items– vintage post cards, vinyl record albums, numerous books, antique Christmas items, costume and estate jewelry, vintage toys and cameras, rustic primitives, elegant glassware, utilitarian ware, furniture, pottery, china, duck decoys, mid-century modern, and so much more. Nothing is new, Every item must be more than 25 years old. www.genevaantiquemarket.com