READY! SET! GO! FUN AWAITS......
Summer 2016 has arrived and it just doesn't get any better than this. Here are 12 super fun things to do throughout the western suburbs:
1. A Fun Summer Adventure Awaits All aboard the FREE Explore Elmhurst Express trolley service running weekends from June 3 - September 18! Elmhurst is a vibrant, tree-lined community with thriving retail shops, fine dining, outstanding theater and art, excellent museums, and engaging events throughout the year. Take a free ride to Elmhurst destinations while learning about highlighted areas of the city. Hop off to explore more and enter to win weekly prizes through a citywide sweepstakes! www.ExploreElmhurst.com
2. First Annual Bike Wheaton Festival August 13 • 10am Enjoy a family bike parade, live music, information booths and family activities. Prizes for the best decorated bikes! Bike Wheaton Festival will be held at Memorial Park in Downtown Wheaton, 208 West Union St. Hosted by the Wheaton Bicycle Advisory Committee and the Downtown Wheaton Association. www.downtownwheaton.com
3. The Best Summer Ever with Y Day Camp Help your child have the best summer ever with a Y day camp experience that helps them learn and master skills, make friends and feel welcome.. Programs offered for Preschoolers, Kindergartners, School Age Youth and Teens. Our staff are professionally trained and we are ACA accredited. We have a focus on Healthy kids and extended care hours are available. Check out of Basketball and Volleyball Clinics too this summer. At Y camp, we help to keep your child active, healthy and learning all summer long. www.napervilleymcas.org
4. Don’t Settle for the Summer Slide! Instead of sliding backwards in academic skills over the summer, your child could leap ahead? Students who have received LearningRx one-on-one brain training see dramatic gains in brain performance. LearningRx strengthens the brain skills that determine how well the brain thinks, learns, reads, reasons and even pays attention. Don’t settle for the summer slide when your child can leap ahead in time for the start of the coming school year. Call LearningRx today.(630) 470-9631.
5. Naper Nights Community Concert Series June 17 to 18, July 22 to 23 and August 19 to 20 Rock out to great music and dance the night away at Naper Settlement. Bring your lawn chair or blanket, your family and friends for a summertime tradition that features cold drinks and great food and fabulous music! For more the complete lineup and tickets, visit www.napernights.org.
Naper Settlement 523 S. Webster St., Naperville (630) 420-6010
6. Hidden Key Escapes Everyone is excited for this new escape room facility located in Naperville. A room escape is a fun, unique and interactive activity perfect for a summer night out. You and your team will be locked in a room, and you will have to search the room, find clues, use logic and critical thinking to solve puzzles and riddles, all in an attempt to try and escape within an hour.
Find out more or book your room at www.hiddenkeyescapes.com.
7. A Fun & Creative Summer Camp Looking for a fun and creative summer camp for your little artist? Then Little Brushes has exactly what you are looking for! At Little Brushes we offer a fun-filled party, atmosphere where your little artists can have a blast creating their own masterpieces. From painting to crafting and everything in between. Little Brushes fosters a friendly and collaborative environment, providing everything your little artist will need to bring out their creative spirit. 175 W. Jackson, Naperville www.pinotspalette.com/naperville, (331) 457-5440, Gift Certificates Available
8. Go (Mini) Golfing at Holes & Knolls In Glen Ellyn
“Swing” into Holes & Knolls Mini Golf for a “hole” lot of fun this summer! Located in Glen Ellyn, the course includes 36 holes of beautifully landscaped grounds everyone from tots to grandparents will enjoy. Plan to stay for the day as Holes & Knolls is surrounded by endless opportunities for family fun including a splash pad and adventure playground. There are snacks and ice cream in the Clubhouse. Learn more at www.gepark.org.
9. Enjoy a Mystery Challenge at The Room In Fox Valley Tired of the same old, same old? Check out THE ROOM FOX VALLEY, the newest escape room/mystery challenge venue in Batavia! You and your team have just one hour to decipher a series of delightfully devious puzzles, riddles, and hidden clues that will allow you to emerge from THE ROOM victorious. It’s an exhilarating, mind-bending experience you'll be talking about long after your time is up! Can you outwit THE ROOM?
Reserve online at www.theroomfoxvalley.com
10. Summer Treasure at Cantigny Park Affordable family fun awaits your visit to Cantigny in Wheaton! Family Nights are every third Friday, and this summer includes 12 Movies in the Park and six outdoor concerts just for kids! “Art in Bloom” (June 18-19) is everybody’s favorite fest. Most events free with paid parking ($5 weekdays; $10 weekends) and admission to the museums and gardens is always complimentary.
Visit www.cantigny.org for event details and the full calendar of summer happenings.
11. Brick by Brick at The Museum of Science and Industry See where the power of play can take you at the Museum of Science and Industry’s newest exhibit, Brick by Brick! Explore architectural marvels—all rendered in LEGO bricks—like the Roman Colosseum, the Golden Gate Bridge, the International Space Station, and more. This hands-on look at engineering and architecture also challenges you to put your own brick creations to the test under challenging conditions. For more information, visit www.msichicago.org
12. Otter Cove Offers Fun for Everyone! Themed around a river otter and his friends, Otter Cove offers water fun for everyone! Featuring a 25-yard pool, zero-depth entry activity pool, a shallow pool just for toddlers, a splash park with water wheels, dumping buckets and spray cannons, a sand/water play area, and rides that twist, turn, and twirl through water that shoots, sprays, and spins. Exciting activities are sure to appeal to every water enthusiast, from the most energetic cannon baller to the most laid-back floater. Speed down the salamander slides. Enjoy an inner tube ride along turtle creek. Flitter around Dragonfly Den. Hop all over the Frog Bog. Exercise in the Crayfish Canal. These exciting water attractions and green open space offer thrills and relaxation for all ages. Otter Cove Aquatic Park, A facility of the St. Charles Park District, In James O. Breen Community Park 3615 Campton Hills Rd., St. Charles, (630) 513-4377 • www.ottercove.org