MUST-HAVE APPS FOR TODAY'S MODERN MOM
Today’s ‘Modern Mom’ loves technology and the efficiencies it provides to her busy life when it comes to planning, shopping, organizing and more. Though you may hear what the hottest app craze is from your kids and teens, we invite you to focus on a few more that are especially for you. Here’s 7 we think you’ll love.... some were even created by local residents. How cool is that!?
1. Angel In My Phone • $.99 Need an angel in your life? How about an angel in your iPhone? Jeanne and David Buddingh of Naperville have developed an iPhone app, Angel In My Phone, that allows one to give a friend or relative a personal “angel” and a prayer. The is the Buddinghs’ first app through their company, Saints Be With Us. Scott Swoboda of Stratum Development Inc. in Wheaton helped them create the app, which they conceived of about two years ago.
2. RetailMeNot • FREE This award-winning app makes it easy to save with thousands of deals at your favorite stores and restaurants! Whether you're hungry for food deals or heading out to shop and want to save– be sure to check out this app before you spend. Today we found coupons for Target, Kohls, Hobby Lobby, Party City and more. Never pay full price again!
3. ReThink • FREE Naperville teen, Trisha Prabhu came up with an app called ReThink after losing a classmate to suicide due to cyberbullying. It's being called "an effective way to make teens re-think their actions on social media" and help combat cyber-bullying. The app promotes positive decison making skills for teens by alerting users to poor judgement in word slection, giving them a chance to “rethink” sending the text.
4. Allowance+ • FREE This app helps parents keep track of their children’s money and automates management of allowances. Help build kids’ financial literacy by tracking where their money goes. Brought to you by www.kinoot.com.
5. Brit + Co • FREE Discover thousands of innovative ideas and creative living in the digital age. From DIY projects and recipes to gadgets and must-have apps– explore new ideas in categories including DIY, Home, Tech, Food, Style and Holidays. Save ideas you love to your account or take a class in just about anything– from chalk painting to cake decorating. You’ll love this site. Trust us.
6. WotNow • FREE WotNow is a social local calendar app that helps manage life events better. This is the brainchild of Deepa Salem, Anand Sivaraman and Vidhya Iyer residents of Naperville. The app aims to to solve event related communication challenges for both parents and organizations. Information on various events one view of various calendars (phone, Google and Facebook) Sends a timely reminder of the event.
7. Grocery Exchange • FREE Stop overpaying for groceries. Know before you go. Save real money with this simple yet powerful grocery shopping list app. Grocery Exchange lets you compare grocery prices. It’s easy and fun and helps you save a ton of money on your grocery bill. Build your list, compare products, find the best store for your basket, capture prices and enjoy!
WATCH FOR A NEW 7 SPECTACULAR LIST IN EVERY ISSUE OF GLANCER MAGAZINE – SUBSCRIBE TODAY!